As per the recent University announcements, all on-campus Academic Initiatives have paused. Please visit University of Pennsylvania's Coronavirus Website for more information. Please do not submit the following form.
- All requests must be submitted 14 days after the meal.
- All funding will be journaled into a 26-digit Penn Faculty Research or Departmental Account.
- No reimbursements forms (i.e. President’s Fund, Instructor Hosting a Class, etc.) will be accepted.
- If necessary, reimbursements may be coordinated by the department receiving the funds. For auditing purposes, itemized grocery or catering receipts must accompany the reimbursement request. Credit card receipts for the total cost without itemization are not acceptable.
- Instructors and teaching assistants of current classes, in any Penn school, are eligible for this program. A class may use this option only once per semester, although an instructor may host smaller groups of students as long as no student participates more than once.
- Instructors and teaching assistants can host a class once per semester in their own private home and be funded up to a certain amount per student (Refreshments $6, Lunch/Brunch $8, and Dinner $12).
- Events hosted in classrooms, College Houses, or any other location besides a private home without prior NSOAI approval will not be eligible for funding.
- Events hosted in restaurants are not eligible for funding.
- 26-digit Penn research account or departmental budget code
- Business Administrator’s Name, Email, and Phone Number
- Total number of students in the class
Other Related Programs
- Take Your Professor/Mentor to Lunch: Students can take their instructors to lunch in the University Club
- Take Your Professor/Mentor to Dinner: Students can take their instructors to dinner at Penn
- Host Your Class at Penn: Instructors can take their class to lunch or dinner in a Penn dining facility
Office of New Student Orientation and Academic Initiatives (NSOAI)