First Year Experience Grants
The form for grant submissions is currently open!
Please review the following guidelines regarding First Year Experiences Grants before proceeding to fill out the application below. These guidelines are for grants up to $200.
• Only Penn student groups and departments/offices are eligible to apply.
• No alcoholic beverages are permitted at events.
• Any supplies purchased using grant funds that are reusable will be returned to the NSOAI Office.
• Review the complete guidelines for the supplies and reimbursement procedure before submitting your application. This includes information regarding non-reimbursable expenses, reimbursement processing, etc.
All proposals must include the following details to be considered:
- The name of the group or groups planning the event.
- Name, phone and email address for at least two different group representatives who will be available by phone and email for the whole of summer (ideally on campus or in the tri-state area).
- A list of other groups you’re collaborating with. The more, the merrier!
- Your preferred dates and times for the event. Please be flexible!
- Three brief statements, providing:
- A description of the event
- A discussion of how the event meets the criteria
- An outline of how your group will organize the event – what space will you use, how the event will work.
- A detailed, itemized budget for the event. This budget should include justification of your costs and, if possible, links to supplies needed to be purchased. This should be detailed and accurate. A table would be nice. We reserve the right to pay for only certain expenses listed in the budget.
- A list of non-financial needs (i.e. space). Please take a look at our inventory to see if you will need to borrow anything for your event!
- An estimate of anticipated attendance.
All proposals will be judged according to the following mission of First Year Experiences:
The First Year Experience program consists of events run by Penn students and administration that are designed to impart to every student three keys to personal success in college - Academic Support, Financial Literacy, and Social & Cultural Awareness. These events are created to provide you with practical knowledge and wisdom to jumpstart your college career. Whether you're learning new study strategies at the Weingarten Learning Center, talking over the uses for credit and debit, or touring Old City; FYE is here to help you ease into your Penn Life! This is your beginning in college, let’s start it right. FYE supports signature events in addition to other programs that are planned by your request. For campus partners interested in hosting their own event for first year students, there are marketing opportunities and grants available for up to $200.