First-Year Experience Grants
Please review the following guidelines regarding FYE Grants before proceeding to fill out the application below. These guidelines are for grants up to $200.
The First-Year Experience (FYE) program consists of events run by Penn students and administration that are designed to assist personal success in college. These events also provide first-year students with practical knowledge and wisdom to jumpstart their college career. Whether they're learning new study strategies at the Weingarten Learning Center, discussing credit and debit cards, or touring West Philly; FYE is here to help first year students ease into life at Penn!
If you plan to host a FYE event and don't require grant funding, please submit your event and we can assist with marketing to first-year students. Campus partners are also encouraged to suggest other programming such as events, speakers, and/or members of the Penn Community to spotlight for their contributions to first-year students.
• Only Penn student groups and departments/offices with a 26-digit Penn budget code are eligible to apply.
• No alcoholic beverages are permitted at events.
• Any reusable supplies purchased using grant funds should be returned to the NSOAI Office.
All proposals must include the following details to be considered:
- The name of the group or groups planning the event.
- Name, phone and email address for main contact person.
- Your preferred dates and times for the event.
- A brief description of the event and how it supports the FYE program.
- A detailed, itemized budget for the event. This budget should include justification of your costs. This should be detailed and accurate. A table would be nice. We reserve the right to pay for only certain expenses listed in the budget.
- A list of non-financial needs (i.e. space).
- An estimate of anticipated attendance.