Second-Year Experience Grants
Please review the following guidelines regarding SYE Grants before proceeding to fill out the application below. These guidelines are for grants up to $200.
Penn’s Second-Year Experience (SYE) program is designed specifically to address the unique needs of second-year students. SYE highlights existing programs and creates new events. It features collaborations between faculty, staff (both academic and student affairs), and student leaders such as the Class Board 2022 to provide support for Career Development, Engagement in Co-Curricular and Extracurricular Activities, Selection of Academic Opportunities, and On and Off-Campus Living. SYE supports signature events such as Second-Year Day and U-Night event in addition to other programs that are planned by your request. For campus partners interested in hosting their own event for second year students, there are marketing opportunities and grants available for up to $200.
If you plan to host a SYE event and don't require grant funding, please submit your event and we can assist with marketing to first year students. Campus partners are also encouraged to suggest other programming such as events, speakers, and/or members of the Penn Community to spotlight for their contributions to second year students.
• Only Penn student groups and departments/offices are eligible to apply.
• No alcoholic beverages are permitted at events.
• Any reusable supplies purchased using grant funds should be returned to the NSOAI Office.
• Submission deadline for Spring semester is February 1, 2020. Max grant allowance is $200.
All proposals must include the following details to be considered:
- The name of the group or groups planning the event.
- Name, phone and email address for main contact person.
- Your preferred dates and times for the event.
- A description of the event and how it supports the SYE program.
- A detailed, itemized budget for the event. This budget should include justification of your costs. This should be detailed and accurate. A table would be nice. We reserve the right to pay for only certain expenses listed in the budget.
- A list of non-financial needs (i.e. space).
- An estimate of anticipated attendance.